Saturday 3 October 2009

Chistening Gowns and Bonnets.

Our twin daughters were Christened when they were four months old. It was a warm suuny day in June. I had decided a few months before that I would crochet their Christening Gowns. Once I had started they didn't take that long to make, although now I wonder how on earth I ever found the time. I think I crocheted them while they were sleeping. Mind you in the early days babies do tend to sleep a lot don't they? I even embroidered their names on the yolk part.

Crocheted Christening Gowns and Bonnets.

Do you like them? I also made Bonnets to match. I was really pleased how they turned out the other thing was the weather was quite sunny and I did feel that perhaps 'just perhaps' the Gowns were too warm to wear.

We all had a beautiful day. My Mother made us a tea after the Christening and we all had a really happy day apart from the girls suffering with their Colic. Really funny though that was the last day they had it. They had been crying continually from about 4 o'clock to 8 o'clock every day for four months.

Christening Gown and Bonnet.

I also made them pretty pram blankets too. I have kept everything in a safe place, they are my memories.

Pushchair Covers Crocheted.

I hope you have enjoyed viewing them.

3 comments:

  1. These gowns are soooooooooooooo beautiful and intricate. I'm sure everyone thought they were very gorgeous. I lve it when a Mom take the time to do this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gowns are so beautiful, you did a lovely job with them. It's nice that there are many wonderful memories associated with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.
    christening gowns

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!