Thursday 4 April 2013

Butterflies and Daffodils!

Hi everyone!

Today I received a parcel from joyce28. She very kindly sent me a parcel through 'Collect+' here in the UK.  On Tuesday  at 2.09 pm she mailed me to say she had organised a delivery and yesterday I received a mail from them to say it was waiting for collection. Now considering this was suppose to be a 3 to 5 day delivery I was surprised yesterday at 8.00pm to find out that the parcel was waiting for collection at my local convenience store. What  a brilliant service! So today I went and picked up the parcel.

The box was full of SIBOL Goodies, two Blankets and some Squares. I've had such fun this afternoon finding Ribbons and Butterflies for them.

Let's take a look at the Squares first. These were made by joyce28 for our current Challenges. Here's the Link. if you want to have a go yourself.


Created with flickr slideshow.



What wonderful ideas! We have two Squares for our Butterfly Challenge, Mr. Onion  (Making himself Cry!) 'Fruit &  Veg' Challenge, 'Leaves' Challenge, 'Transport' Challenge, 'Wonderful World' Challenge, 'Underwater' Challenge and 'Wartime'Challenge.


ViewLogo



Not only did joyce28 make Butterfly Squares for one of our Challenges, she also made a Butterfly Blanket for our Elderly. She actually took the idea  from a book she won on one of our 'SIBOL' Giveaways!  Over on RAVELRY she wrote this for us.



...Mrs Twins offered some books through a raffle to SIBOL members - books that were a prize when SIBOL was chosen as club of the month by Knit Today magazine.  Some of you may remember.

I was lucky enough to win The Knitted Home



In the book there is a pattern that instantly went onto my "to do" list knowing it was **perfect** for SIBOL.


I hadn't got round to doing anything with it, but then Mrs Twins announced the 2013 challenges.  And my "to do" someday became a "must do" now (at least meet the particular challenge deadline).



Well joyce28 I am so pleased you did use the pattern. You have put together a most beautiful Blanket and I am extremely grateful to you. Combining Knitting with Crocheting joyce28 this really is a wonderful Blanket. How kind of you to go to so much trouble making it. I know that this will be accepted so....well by an Elderly person in a Home. It is such an interesting Blanket and I love the colours you have used.

Let's take a look now a really pretty Blanket. Thank you very much indeed!


joyce18 has made and donated 'Butterfly Garden' a combination of Crochet and Knit. Thank you!





Created with flickr slideshow.



ViewLogo



I did say 'two Blankets', joyce28 very kindly assembled 25 Daffodil Squares for me for our Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge. I am really pleased that the Challenge has been so successful. We are donating 9 Blankets to the 9 Marie Curie Hospices up and down the UK. The Daffodil Squares have all been so beautiful and I would like to thank 'SIBOLETTE's' for giving me a hand making them up.

Let's take a look now.

Thanks to everyone who contributed Squares for this Blanket. Thank you!



What a gorgeous Daffodil Blanket! Thanks to everyone who have contributed Squares for this particular Blanket.  joyce28 you have assembled this Blanket so well, I love it thank you very much.


Created with flickr slideshow.

ViewLogo

Well it certainly has been a very busy afternoon here at SIBOL HQ.
I have really enjoyed taking photos today. Your work is superb Joyce thank you!
I do hope you have managed to view the Slide Shows okay and if you would like to join 
our RAVELRY Group please do here's the Link.
If there is anything you would like to know about our Blankets please contact me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!
Bye for now
ViewLogo
x Sue x 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a gorgeous blanket. I wish I could knit. These butterflies are wonderful.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun are all these. The Daf one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!