Monday 25 November 2013

'Festivals'.

Good Morning,

 If you remember back in 2012 we took part in the Jersey Textile Showcase with our special 'Your Local Landscape' Blanket which raised £95.00 for Jersey Mencap. Well this year I have been collecting 6" Knitted and Crocheted Squares for next year's Challenge. The Jersey Textile Showcase 2014 are having a special 'Festivals' theme. Of course I jumped at the chance of inviting Ladies to take part and although the Squares have been terribly slow coming in we have managed to make a 35 Square Blanket. This Blanket will be sent off to Jersey ready for next year's event. Money raised will go to Macmillan Nurses.  I wanted to get this Challenge finished before the end of the year so it's off my mind and we can concentrate on new Challenges for the Group. The Blanket will be exhibited 'hopefully' at their show and then when the show is finished they usually have a 'silent auction' and the person who bids the highest wins the Blanket. The Squares have been fantastic with some really good ideas. My aim was to make this a really colourful Blanket, I do hope you like it. Here it is.... Ta ...Dah! Introducing to you our 'Festivals' Blanket!


Thanks to everyone for taking part.


I love making these Picture Square Blankets and I was thinking back this morning to the year of the Millennium. I can't believe it's now 13 years since we celebrated the year 2000. I had penfriends at the time and I invited them to help me make a Millennium Friendship Blanket. I know it's not Crocheting or Knitting but would you like to see it? Rather the same as what we are doing now but in Cross Stitch. The same sort of idea I invited them to send me a Cross Stitch piece of their favourite design. I'm pleased to say I am still very good friends with stricksusi1 and Brenda. I was just thinking back this morning.

Millennium Friendship Quilt 2000

Anyway back to the 'Festivals' Blanket. I 
have made a Slide Show so you can see in more detail the Squares. 
I am limited to what size I can put up in a Post on here but in a Slide Show the photos come out larger.

I am terribly grateful to everyone that has taken part and I will be sending this Blanket off
to Jersey in the next few days when I have done the paperwork to go with it.


Created with flickr slideshow.
That's all for now. I haven't had the post arrive yet, I may be back later.
x Sue x

2 comments:

  1. The friendship quilt is very pretty and the Festivals blanket is eye-catching. I'm chuffed to see my squares on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely blankets and for such a good cause. Your post makes one want to get the crochet needle out and rescue all that wool that we crafters have hidden away. best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!