Thursday 15 May 2014

Congratulations 700 Sunshine Blankets now!

Good Morning,

I am very pleased to be telling you that yesterday we reached our 700th Sunshine Blanket. What an achievement! Our Group was started in January 2010 and since then we have been working very hard indeed trying to bring a little Sunshine into the Lives of the Elderly.  It's always such a pleasure to hand deliver your Blankets and I know where each and every Blanket has found it's home.

Yesterday I received 'Sunshine Blankets' from Pippa and Chalky's World and with this bumper delivery we actually clocked up 704 Blankets. So well done to both of you and thanks to everyone else who has supported the SIBOL Project.

The Blankets that I receive are always so different and I can honestly say that no two are the same. Made lovingly by all of you they give a great deal of comfort to an Elderly person.  On my visit to Willow Grange on Monday it was really lovely to see some of our Blankets already in use. I looked around the Lounge of the Home and noticed quite a few on the laps of the Residents so I can tell you first hand how useful they are.

May I show you the Blankets that I received yesterday.

002


Decorated with Ribbons and Butterflies these surely are going to be loved.

005


007


009


008

What a great way to use the Granny Square! The next Blanket was actually a 'take a bag' that Chalky's World has put together for me. The border finishes it off beautifully. Thank you so much for your help Chalky's World and also for sending Ribbon to me which will be very useful!

006


001



(Candle dish from Ikea).

Have you ever popped over to Chalky's World? Here's the Link. Her Blog is well worth a visit so please pop over.

The other Blanket that I received was from Pippa. This is a very pretty Knitted Blanket and the Squares were made by Irene our 90 year old SIBOLETTE. A lovely set of Squares and a beautiful border make this another stunning 'Sunshine Blanket'. I love the colours in this one.

003


004

Well a wonderful selection of Blankets thank you both so...much!

Once again Congratulations to you all!

x Sue  x

1 comment:

  1. What better reason to crack open the bubbly. I will have my usual glass of pear cider tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!