Thursday 7 August 2014

Wow! Busy day today.

Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank 'Knit for Peace' for sending me Blankets for our 'SIBOL' project.
So colourful and I know they will be very well accepted by the Homes. Thank you Jamie for organising this.

014


013


012


011


010


009


008


007


006



I would also like to thank Una for sending me 'Northern Lights'. A great name and so bright and cheerful. 

800 'Northern Lights' thanks to Una x

004

Una you have knitted 'Northern Lights' so well. I just love it.
Thank you so much.
If you would like to pop over to Una's Blog
Please follow the Link. She'll tell you more about the making of this Blanket.

Then today we have some Shawls.

The first two have been beautifully made by 'jenn1feranne' over on RAVELRY.

023

024

017

022

025

'jenn1feranne' - absolutely perfect and a great way of using yarn  in your stash!
Thanks so much! I do have the pattern if anyone is interested.

sueatpigsty@talktalk.net  (Sue)

I would also like to thank 'GillyLilly' for her two Shawls too!
Made in wonderful colours and so delicate these are going to be so well accepted by the Home I am visiting soon.

026

018

021

Thanks to 'Gilly Lilly for these two beautiful Shawls. I love them. x

020

The patterns are lovely in both Shawls and I especially like the front edging on the bottom Shawl.

We are going to have some pretty Residents!
I am always so proud of the work I take in to the Homes and it's always such a joy to receive parcels from you.

Today is a very busy day. I've just had more parcels arrive.
I'll be back in a jiffy - so exciting  it's like Christmas every day!

Thank you 'jenn1feranne' and 'GillyLilly'.
Also 'Knit For Peace' (Jamie).

The two parcels I have just opened are from Samantha and her Mother Diane.

Let's take a look at them now.

The first one coming up is a Granny Square Blanket. It was sent to Samantha by Jane 'Axa Purls Knitting Group.  The Blanket was a little small and Samantha kindly offered to make the Blanket larger. It has arrived back today and you honestly wouldn't have known that it was started by someone else. Matched up beautifully. Thank you so much for helping us out on this one Samantha.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG


Thank you.

Samantha has also made a Blanket herself for 'SIBOL' and I am very
grateful to you. The Squares are all different but put together with the
joining and border make a terrific Blanket.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

I think this Blanket is so interesting to look at.

Samantha tells me in her letter that she used to work in a Residential Home and was
always saddened at the lack of visitors. So many of the Residents were alone with no
personal effects in their room. She can imagine the joy the Residents will receive with a Gift
of a personal handmade 'Sunshine Blanket'.  

I have also been told this on my visits.

Now Samantha's Mother Diane has been busy. Just look at this wonderful
Blanket! It is so......big. Diane must have spent many hours making this Blanket.
Granny Stripes in the centre and then finished with rounds of every colour you could imagine.

I am sure one of the Homes will be very grateful for this Blanket it's so colourful.
Thank you very much indeed Diane.  I hope you can see photos of your Blanket.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

Now a closer look.

photo.JPG


It was so large I hardly had room to take a photo.

Thank you also for the Ribbons they have come in very useful today.

In closing may I thank you for popping in today to see what's new and a big thank you to
every one who has donated their beautiful work today.

I will be taking these Shawls and Blankets out over the next few weeks
and I can promise you I will find good homes for them.

If there is anything you would like to ask me please feel
free to email me

I'm Sue 

on 

sueatpigsty@talktalk.net


Thank you!  x

1 comment:

  1. Wow! indeed. Some lovely work here. It looks like you are as busy as ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!