Wednesday 19 November 2014

Christmas Gift appeal.

Good Morning,

Thanks to everyone for making Christmas Gifts for Residents in Care Homes. We've had quite a good variety of Knitted items arrive and I'm sure they will be very useful.

I'm just popping in to remind you that all Knitted items must arrive by the end of November so that I can deliver them in the first/second week of December. I wonder if you could email me please if your Knitted items are going to be in the post this week or next. That's so I have an idea of what else is coming in.

My email address is sueatpigsty@talktalk.net

My plan is to deliver 31 Sunshine Blankets to Olivet Care Home on the 28th November along with half of the Knitted items.  I contacted them yesterday to see if they wanted more Blankets.

Jane said, "The blankets that we recently donated have been extremely popular and have been allocated to residents in their rooms as they are all so beautiful. They have also kept some for when they go out on trips in the minibus to help keep the residents warm."



They have 75 Residents in total so I’m really happy to be able to give them some more. They also have a new Home in Coventry opening so they would like to pass some on to them too.  Then the rest of the Knitted items will be delivered with the box of Shawls I have here to a second Home. I thought I would give to two Homes so that they have a good selection each.

It's so nice to know that our Blankets are making a difference to Residents and I do hope everyone will support the 'SIBOL' project next year.  Our closing date for this year for all items Sunshine Blankets, Shawls and Christmas Gifts is end of November.
Before I go I would like to show you a photo of what we've received so far. Please note that the 'Christmas Gift' idea is just for Christmas and will not be running throughout the year.


I would like to thank everyone for their support this year. You've all been fantastic!
x Sue x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!