Thursday 7 April 2016

Care Home visit today!


Good morning and welcome!

It's one of our Delivery Days today and I would like to thank every one that has sent me Sunshine Blankets and Shawls for Residents in Care Homes.

Today I visited Maple Dene Care Home which is situated in  Moseley, Birmingham where I met Leisha the Home Manager, a member of Staff and  Debbie one of the Residents

The Home is beautifully decorated and as soon as you walk through the door you instantly get a warm and welcoming feeling. 

photo.JPG

Today I took in 27 Sunshine Blankets and 12 Shawls and Leisha and Debbie absolutely loved them. 
Over the past few days I have been getting the donations ready.

photo.JPG

Thank you to Rachel (18 yrs), Elsie and friends.

photo.JPG

Thank you Gilly Lilly.


In fact Leisha asked Debbie to choose a Blanket while I was there and she chose one of Sally's Blankets called 'Sea and Sand'. Made in beautiful Yellow and Blue Crocheted  Squares Debbie thought it was perfect for her lap.

I am always so proud of our Blankets and Shawls and I can honestly tell you that they really were admired. They will be used on  Laps but  also to be put on the beds in Residents' rooms.  The Residents are encouraged to make their rooms personal to them so I know  that once Blankets have been chosen they certainly will bring lots of smiles. I have promised to go back with more as soon as I have some more arrive.


photo.JPG

photo.JPG

My Husband Colin kindly agreed to giving me a hand with the Blankets.
 Thanks Colin. 

Left to Right - Myself, Leisha, Debbie and Colin my Husband.

Thanks Debbie for agreeing to have your photo taken! 

27 Sunshine Blankets 12 Shawls to Maple Dene Care Home, Moseley, Birmingham.

In closing may I thank Leisha and Staff for accepting our Sunshine Blankets and Shawls today.
It was lovely to meet you all and hopefully I will pop in again very soon. Leisha and all at the Home would like to send a Big Thank you too!

Thanks to everyone that has sent me donations for the Home today. 
I am always so grateful to each and everyone of you.

For your information we have now made 1227 Sunshine Blankets since January 2010 
and the project was started in Memory of my Grandmother who lived to the fine age of 103.

For more information please contact me on
sueatpigsty@virginmedia.com

Thank you.

x Sue x 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
If there is anything you would like to know about our blankets please mail me
Sue on sueatpigsty@talktalk.net
Thank you!